Foote’s Pharmacies is Ipswich’s Home of CPAP Products and Testing
Sleep Apnoea is a dangerous condition that affects over 1 million Australians. The good news is that it's easily diagnosed and treated in your home, in your bed, and with your pillow.
Here at Foote’s Pharmacies, we stock a wide range of the most trusted brands in CPAP therapy such as Philips Respironics, ResMed and Fisher & Paykel - all at great prices. Our sleep consultants are available to help you find the right machine, mask and supplies to make sure you enjoy a great night's sleep. We provide ongoing service, care and support so that your CPAP machine keeps you sleeping well for years to come.
Complete a FREE Sleep Consult with your Foote's Sleep Team Specialist who will provide you with a Sleep Referral Form for your GP to complete and return to us.
We will then book a time for you to be set up with your FREE In-Home Sleep Test.
Your results are analysed by a Specialist Sleep Doctor. Your Sleep Team Specialist will contact you as soon as they are available and will recommend treatment as required.
- More awake & alert throughout the day
- Improved energy and concentration
- Better quality of life
- Reduced risk of High Blood Pressure
- Decreased risk of Diabetes
- Less risk of heart disease & stroke
- Excessive tiredness
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleepiness on waking
- Depression & mood disorders
- Morning Headaches
- Weight gain
OSA is a condition in which a person stops breathing repeatedly while asleep. This is due to the throat or airway collapsing and preventing air from getting into the lungs. Normal sleep patterns are disrupted, resulting in many symptoms including morning headaches, excessive sleepiness or fatigue throughout the day, irritability and poor concentration. OSA can also lead to serious health complications.
Many CPAP users find that using a CPAP device is a restorative and life-changing treatment. Provided you commit to the treatment, you will see many benefits including:
- Longer, More Restful Sleep
- Improved Energy
- Less Drowsiness During the Day
- Reduced High Blood Pressure
- Reduced Risk of Heart Attack
- Reduced Risk of Stroke
- Improved Cardiac Function
There is possible increased risk for:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease and heart attack
- Fatigue related motor vehicle accidents
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Decreased quality of life
CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) treats OSA by providing a gentle flow of positive air pressure in through a facial mask to help keep the airway open during sleep.As a result:
- Breathing becomes regular during sleep
- Snoring stops
- Restful sleep is restored and patients awaken feeling refreshed
- Mood improves and overall quality of life is improved
- Risks for high blood pressure, heart disease, heart attack, stroke, motor vehicle and work accidents are reduced
Most people find they begin to wake up feeling more refreshed within the first week of use, though for some people it may take a bit longer. For the most part the CPAP machine is very quiet, however some people find adjusting to wearing a mask at night can take a little time.
Difficulty adjusting to therapy may also be due to minor problems that can be easily fixed. If you find you are lying awake tossing and turning, it's best to get out of bed, have a warm non-caffeinated drink, partake in a relaxing activity (such as reading) until you feel sleepy, and then return to bed.
Most people begin to wake up feeling more refreshed within the first week of use, though for some people it may take a little longer.